Top Ten Reasons Why Companies Should Celebrate Holidays
October 30, 2015
NRC loves holidays and Halloween is no exception. This year we transformed the office into a festive wonderland of costumes and cookies. Before returning to our desks, happy and reinvigorated, we realized that holidays offer a lot to value in the work place. In the spirit of the season, here are the top ten reasons why we think companies should celebrate holidays together.
1. Festivities bring staff closer, improving work relationships.
2. Small celebrations provide a well-deserved break, especially as the holidays can be the busiest time of all.
3. Employees return to their tasks happier. Happier employees create a happier company.
4. Staff who work in separate offices or buildings get the chance to greet and meet each other during get-togethers.
5. Fun activities can reveal co-worker’s hidden talents. It’s a chance for creative proclivities to shine.
6. Celebrations greatly boost morale and make employees feel valued.
7. Office parties can increase retention. People are less likely to want to leave a company that shows appreciation and creates a welcoming work environment.
8. Laughter not only lengthens life spans, but makes the office a place employees want to be.
9. Holidays shared at work create fond memories.
10. Clients benefit just as much as employees, who may be feel re-impassioned for their job. Holiday fun can foster happier, motivated customer service.